FIFA ban on Chabur welcome – SSFA


The South Sudan Football Association (SSFA) has welcomed the FIFA ban on Chabur Goc Alei, the former President of the body.

“As the board of directors and people who love football in South Sudan, we are very happy on the decision to ban Chabur for 10-years and also fine him,” said SSFA President Francis Amin Michael during a press conference on Saturday.

FIFA’s adjudicatory chamber of the independent Ethics Committee on May 24th banned Chabur for 10 years and fined him 500,000 Swiss Francs.

Chabur was found guilty of having misappropriated FIFA funds, as well as having offered gifts or benefits, in violation of the FIFA Code of Ethics.

“This is very good news coming from FIFA because football money should never be misused and this should act as a lesson to everyone,” said Amin.

In the presence of SSFA Board members and officials, Amin made it clear that the courts of law in South Sudan have also issued a warrant of arrest for Chubur. “He has s case to answer in regards to misappropriating funds and failing to hand over a vehicle that belonged to the Association,” added Amin.

Chabur who has been leaving in the USA for over a year reportedly returned to South Sudan late last month.

0 Comments

Leave a Comment

Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Lost Password