Juba Stadium & Buluk Playground Nears Completion

The Minister for Youths and Sports, Dr. Albino Bol, was today Friday accompanied by the President of South Sudan Football Association (SSFA) Mr. Francis Amin and the Board of Directors  to inspect the progress of Juba Football Stadium and Buluk Playground.

Speaking, to Media shortly after inspection of the two fields, Albino encouraged the GS Construction Company which is the contractor of the project to enhance its work to ensure that the Stadia are completed in time so as to host sports activities. He unveiled that the government is planning to construct three national Olympic stadia in the country, citing that South Sudan is full of potentials in sports activities and therefore, it is the government’s priority to develop sports’ infrastructures, since sport can unite people.

On his part, Mr. Francis Amin assures that Juba Stadium will begin to host matches after its completion by August this year. Amin said Buluk Playground was supposed to be completed in forty-five days and handed-over in April 2020, but, the construction work was hindered by COVID-19 pandemic.

However, Amin assured that Buluk Playground will be ready by the end of July.

Meanwhile, Eng. Al-Tom Tombe, the Engineer Supervising the Construction, confirmed that 75% of the construction is already completed; assuring that the remaining 25% will be accomplished in the next two months. Tombe lamented that COVID-19 has mired their work; however, they are still putting more efforts despite the pandemic to ensure the completion of the Stadium.

0 Comments

Leave a Comment

Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Lost Password