After Association deliberations on the above cited subject, the Board of Directors of South Sudan Football Association during its Extra Ordinary Meeting No.10/2023 dated 24th May 2023 Chaired by SSFA President Gen. Augustino Maduot Parek discussed the situation of Juba Local football Association.
The Board of Directors of the South Sudan Football Association (SSFA) has reviewed the issues related to the formation of steering committee by the Juba Local Football Association. And after careful consideration, the Board has reached the following resolutions.
1. The Board notes that the formation of a steering committee by JLFA constitutes a violation of Article (6) and Article (17) of the unified statute of Local Football Associations 2012, as well as Article 16 (k) of the SSFA statute 2012 amended 2021.
2. The Board hereby informs the JLFA General Assembly and the general public that the SSFA does not recognize the steering committee as a legal body. Therefore, SSFA cannot work with this illegal body until they have full legality on the procedures of their formation.
3. The Board also notes that the Clubs Caucus body is not legal body and is not stipulated in any laws of the SSFA. Therefore, they cannot call for a general assembly meeting.
4. The Board of Directors of South Sudan Football Association remains open to any legally followed procedure as provided for in the unified statute for Local Football Association 2012 Article (6).
5. The SSFA Board of Directors believes the case of suspended board of JLFA only awaits the SSFA General Assembly, and JLFA cannot be run by two parallel bodies.
in conclusion, the SSFA Board of Directors urges the JLFA General Assembly to adhere to the rules and regulations governing the formation of bodies and to ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with the unified statute of Local Football Associations 2012 and the SSFA statute 2012 amended 2021.